Your rights in relation to privacy
We’ll always take care of your pets, and we’ll treat your personal information no differently.
We may change this policy without telling you.
Kinds of personal information
During your use of our app and website, we may process your personal information. Personal information is information about you, which could be used to identify you.
For example, we may process:
- your contact details, like your name, address, email address and contact number;
- contact details for an emergency contact, including their relationship to you;
- financial information, like your credit card and bank account details, in order to charge the service fees;
- information about your furry friend, like their name, vaccination information, age and breed;
- any other personal information you add to your app profile.
Whilst you don’t need to give us your personal information, we might not be able to provide our services if you do not provide the requested information.
Please tell us as soon as you can of any changes to the information.
Collection of personal information
Generally, Petminda will collect your personal information through:
- direct contact with you – whether in person, over the phone, or by email or post
- through the use of our app
- information services providers, when you slide into our social media DMs, or publicly available information
When you use our website, the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- the date and time of your visit to our website
- your IP address
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded
- the type of browser you were using
Cookies may be used on our website. Not to be confused with dog-biscuits, cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and do not personally identify the user.
Purpose of collection
We may require your personal information for the following reasons:
- to respond to your enquiries
- so we can provide our products and services (and look after your wonderful pets)
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes
- to invite you to events or functions
- to add you to our mailing list where you have subscribed to our newsletter
Petminda may also use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of new products and services that you may like. If you want to stop these emails, you can opt out at any time.
Affiliates and partners
Our website and app may contain links to external websites owed by our partners, including its affiliate partners.
We may have entered into affiliate agreements with these partners, where they pay us depending on your activities (like if you click on one of their links).
Our partners are selected by us based on partners we love to work with, and who love animals as much as we do. Whilst we provide links to our affiliate partners’ websites, we do not accept liability in relation to the quality or suitability of the products or services offered by these partners.
Petminda may also provide its partners certain personal information, including any information you have provided to us, so that they can build and update their customer profiles for better reach. These partners may pay us for this information.
We may update our partners from time to time.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, like:
- our outsourced marketing and accounting teams
- other necessary service providers
- any app providers, designer or platforms
- our affiliate partners
We limit the information provided to these third party providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain confidentiality.
We will otherwise not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or unless required by law.
We do not currently disclose your personal information outside Australia (as we like to work with local businesses) however we may choose to do so in future.
Before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, Petminda will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with a similar privacy scheme, but cannot guarantee or make any warranties that they will.
Security of your personal information
We’ll take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference and loss. We do this by using best practices and leveraging world-class security features in the mainstream cloud software products integrated into the Petminda system, and also keeping our staffy ‘Bonnie’ on guard over any really sensitive information (just kidding).
Generally, we’ll hold your personal information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
In the event that your personal information is subject to a data breach, we will comply with all mandatory statutory notification requirements.
We will destroy your personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
How you may access your personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you can access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer:
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request
If we refuse your request to access or correct your personal information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Please direct all privacy complaints to our privacy officer:
Blake Horstman: email@example.com
At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation, which will take no more than 30 days.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.